Odd scratch-like line

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by ZiggyPastorius, Dec 25, 2008.

1. ZiggyPastorius macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

So I'm cleaning my screen, because it gets absolutely filthy (Santa Rosa, white Macbook) and there's this line around the centre that has been there for a long time, but I've never paid much attention to. Anyways, there's noticable all the time, but not super-noticable while the screen is in. At first, I thought it was just grime, but it refuses to come out. It almost looks like my screen was rubbed in that spot with a piece of wire or something. It isn't a scratch, but it's...I don't know. I don't know how my screen would've gotten scratched. There's also a tiny blemish that looks almost like a little puncture, but I don't know where that came from, either. Either way, I'm sure it's my fault, but does anyone know what the hell it might be? Sorry I can't take a picture, I don't own a camera. I'll put one on here in a few minutes, though.

2. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

Is it possible pressure was put on the lid while closed, and it pressed against one of the keys?

3. ZiggyPastorius thread starter macrumors 68040

ZiggyPastorius

That's likely, actually. I have a lot of marks from keys.

4. GSMiller macrumors 68000

GSMiller

Yeah that's what sucks about the glossy screen, do you carry your MacBook in a back pack/bag?

5. Solemony macrumors 6502

Solemony

It's the white MB not the new one. The White MB has matte screen not glossy I believe...

6. ProwlingTiger macrumors 65816

ProwlingTiger

I have like a microfibre cloth that came with my Tucano Second Skin case, and it rests over the keyboard. Its supposed to protect the screen from the keyboard and the oil from fingertips. I assume it works, as I havent had any problem while using it.

Nope, the white polycarbonate Macbooks feature glossy screens as well.