Odd 'smudge' on camera lense

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Sevv, Sep 26, 2014.

1. Sevv macrumors member

I've got an iPhone 6 plus, the camera lense has an odd mark on it. When the lense gets grease on it... the mark shows up. The rest of the lense gets dirty as normal but this mark shows up first and much more pronounced. Cleaning it does get rid of it but any grease, it comes back. I can't seem to get rid of it permanently :( It doesn't seem to effect photos... but still, it's something I'm not sure about. When it is clean you cant see any marks or scratchs under strong light so I'm really not sure what it is.

Anyone else have this?

Jon

Attached Files:

2. wxman2003 Suspended

That does not look normal. Something must be wrong with the sapphire glass.

3. shaunmed macrumors regular

Looks like the UV coating is not applied correctly or is somehow scratched off

4. r-m macrumors 6502a

Someone else had an iPhone 6 that had a patch on the screen that really shown up finger print grease.
    Looked like the oleophobic coating hadn't applied where a piece of tape may have been at the time it was applied.
    It's possible apple apply the coating to the lens, and a bit didn't get it for some reason.

5. JRoDDz macrumors 68000

JRoDDz

Take it back to Apple Store and get it replaced.

6. NewYorkRebel, Sep 26, 2014
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2014

NewYorkRebel macrumors newbie

I too have this issue with my phone.. Except it's on the screen/bezel of the phone. I've simply ignored it up until 2 days ago thinking it's a simple smudge I could clean off when I get the chance. I can remove it with a cleaning cloth but it instantly re-appears with a simple swipe of the finger.. It scared me thinking it was my own doing.. I don't have AC+ yet and was worried this would effect me qualification for AC.. Looks like this weekend I'll be heading over to Apple to see what they make of it..

I'd take a photo if my phone wasn't my only source for a camera ATM.

Phone: VZW 6+ SG 64GB

7. Sevv thread starter macrumors member

Thanks guys, I'll ring the shop tomorrow and ask about a replacement.