Odd Sound With Fans + Movement

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by labyrinthworm, Nov 18, 2008.

1. labyrinthworm macrumors newbie

So, just now i restarted my computer, and i was moving my laptop (fans were whirling) and the laptop was tilted slightly and it started making a grinding noise (like two light sabers hitting each other), i moved it back and tilted it a few times and it seems if the fans were going it was making this weird grind sound - is this normal (doesn't seem so), also even now that the fans are super low if i tilt it back and forth you can heart it making some weird whishing sound. it's only during movement, so I don't know if that is a standard fan sound or not.

2. brucebilotti macrumors newbie

My macbook pro has done the same thing for months now. It seems like the grinding sound is coming from where my right wrist would be when typing, around where the dvd/cd drive is.

3. bananabar macrumors regular

My old PowerBook randomly started doing that once and it just got progressively worse until I didn't need to tilt it to hear the noise. Got really, really annoying.

If it's still within warranty, personally I'd take it back. Thankfully my early 2008 MBP has never done it.