Odd SSD issue w/ 13" rMBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by dextr3k, Jun 11, 2014.

1. dextr3k macrumors 6502

Hi,

I have a late 2013 rMBP, with bootcamp installed. Been using it on and off for a few months now. The other day I booted into Windows to do some file transfers, and when I was in the boot screen, it did not present a "recovery" partition.

I thought this was weird so I booted back into OSX and ran disk utility. While verifying the drive it said there were errors and I should boot into recovery to repair a live disk. Ok.....so I made a Mavericks USB boot drive, booted into that, and in the disk utility, it shows the SSD, under it are 2 partitions, OSX and Bootcamp.

HOWEVER, the OSX partition is greyed out. :confused: and verify/repairing the SSD it self came back with no errors...... what......

Anyone ever come across something like this? I am about to wipe the drive and recover from timemachine, but I hope this isnt an indication that the SSD is dying...

2. dextr3k thread starter macrumors 6502

Update to the problem. I guess i was a little too cautious.

I finally remembered that I have file vault on, and thats why I couldn't repair the disk in recovery mode. Up on the top of the window theres a button called "unlock" when you select the greyed out drive. After entering my password, everything worked and repaired successfully. No wipe needed.

:D