Odd Taskbar Issue

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Floyd1234, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Floyd1234 macrumors newbie

My computer was acting regularly yesterday, and this morning I started it up with some problems occurring. First of all, menu meters is not displaying any of the meters that I have set up. When I installed this program I began to use the clock from this program as well as other settings, thus eliminating the mac versions on the task bar.

I tried to re-enable the mac versions, read: going into system prefs and telling it to display things like airport, clock, etc, and it will not respond.

I really wish I would not have to attribute this to the Ram that I bought recently, but I was using it 2 days ago while playing the WoW trial and there was no issue. The last major change or possible root of the problem I can remember is ****ing around with onyx, but not changing anything.

Do you guys have any ideas on how I can get things chugging as normal?

2. Floyd1234 thread starter macrumors newbie

As my own little criteria for a horrible situation, I usually open up disk utility and software update. If something has gone awry in the guts of my machine neither of them function. I realize this may seem odd, but my understanding of the OS is limited. It is no surprise that these aren't working.

3. Floyd1234 thread starter macrumors newbie

Well guys, sorry to throw a false alarm. I converted my macbook to a linux box so I do not have a secondary computer if this one cramps out. I just got a little worried is all.

If anyone else has this problem whenever they do something exciting or different, resetting the PRAM seems to be the ticket every time. Good thing I didn't waste any money talking to someone at Apple on the phone.