Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

creativedogmedia

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 26, 2011
If I am cc'd on an email and reply to it on my iphone (through exchange) this set of characters is typically added into the conversation.

2 15 5 2 2 2 4 3 2 4;} /* Style Definitions */ p.MsoNormal, li.MsoNormal, div.MsoNormal {margin:0in; margin-bottom:.0001pt; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";} a:link, span.MsoHyperlink {mso-style-priority:99; color:blue; text-decoration:underline;} a:visited, span.MsoHyperlinkFollowed {mso-style-priority:99; color:purple; text-decoration:underline;} span.EmailStyle17 {mso-style-type:personal-compose; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; color:windowtext;} .MsoChpDefault {mso-style-type:export-only; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif";} @page WordSection1 {size:8.5in 11.0in; margin:1.0in 1.0in 1.0in 1.0in;} div.WordSection1 {page:WordSection1;} -->

Any ideas?

err404

macrumors 68030
Mar 4, 2007
Are emails to other contacts showing the same thing? The issue may be with the recieving client being unable to interperet the formatting details, or a filter on the exchange server could be corrupting the wrapper.

jonrando

macrumors 6502a
Jun 22, 2011
WTF is your problem?

Did you update from a pervious version? Maybe it did a bad conversion on your sig?

I don't have a problem. I was simply stating that it's a beta and there are bugs. I had this argument in another thread awhile ago, but really, if you're a developer, report it as a bug to Apple. Heck, make a thread in the private dev forums.

Thanks for your concern...I have this beta through my Apple Developer ID that I paid for.

Well some people have the beta and aren't devs so I was curious.

WordMasterRice

macrumors 6502a
Aug 3, 2010
Upstate NY
I don't have a problem. I was simply stating that it's a beta and there are bugs. I had this argument in another thread awhile ago, but really, if you're a developer, report it as a bug to Apple. Heck, make a thread in the private dev forums.

Has it ever occurred to you that sometimes there are issues unrelated to beta software in beta software and possibly that the issue isn't a bug at all?

creativedogmedia

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Jun 26, 2011
Has it ever occurred to you that sometimes there are issues unrelated to beta software in beta software and possibly that the issue isn't a bug at all?

Exactly...the fact that the thread title says beta in it would signify that I know it's a beta. Sometimes I think people skim the forums just to stir **** up. Are people that bored?

JCCL

macrumors 68000
Apr 3, 2010
Have this same issue with my exchange account, and have had it since Beta 3, really annoying, don't know what could be causing it, have moved every setting I can and it stays the same.

gr8phan

macrumors member
Mar 9, 2006
NJ
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; CPU iPhone OS 5_0 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/534.46 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.1 Mobile/9A5274d Safari/7534.48.3)

I have this issue as well, since Beta 2. There are multiple bug reports opened for it already.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.