Odd text selecting Issue

Discussion in 'macOS' started by tomwalters5678, Feb 25, 2010.

1. tomwalters5678 macrumors newbie

Hi guys, not posted here before but this problem is really starting to annoy me. Basically when I am designing websites and I'm jumping back and forth between my browser and my editor I get some odd text selecting issues. It is a kind of delayed reaction to typing and it incredibly annoying. I thought it might be something to do with overheating but then it started happening just after I turned my iMac on. This has also happened when entering the license code for some software. The only way to stop it is to then click the top bar on the window.

Now something that might be related - I recently upgraded the RAM to 8GB, it was brought from Crucial so it should be okay right? Now after I installed it, it showed up as 8GB but then a few days ago it lowered itself back down to 4GB and remains there. And this defiantly isn't due to lose connections.

I have had a number of issues with this iMac 27", screen flickering, these text problems and just this morning it crashed for no reason at all - I only had the mail app open and Firefox.

What is going on guys? I'm beginning to regret buying this Mac now and just want these problems to end, can you help?

Thanks in advance

2. MacDawg macrumors P6

MacDawg

You should definitely get your RAM issue solved first
    If you have 8 GB installed and it is now only reading 4 GB you need to do something
    Try reseating the RAM first

Your RAM could be causing additional issues, so go with the problem you know first and eliminate it

3. tomwalters5678 thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks

Yeah thanks, I managed to fix the RAM issue by taking the new RAM out and putting it back in - technical stuff eh? :) But I still have the text selecting issue, and it's driving me up the wall? Can anybody help?!