Odds of getting a 7+ this Sunday

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by King Shady, Sep 12, 2016.

1. King Shady macrumors 6502

King Shady

Hey all.

My JB iPhone 7 Plus is showing a delivery date for mid-October. Being the impatient and stubborn college kid I am, I'm hoping to pick up a black (or Jet Black, though I know thats gonna be impossible) 7+ in store on Sunday morning. Would my best bet be to try and reserve one on the 17th (when that goes live again), or should I just camp out in front of the store 2 hours before it opens? I'm in SoCal and my nearest stores are either Santa Monica or Thousand Oaks. Thanks all, I'd love to hear some feedback.

2. terminator-jq macrumors regular

I'm thinking the Jet black 7+ models will be very hard to get for at least a month or so after launch. Matte black should be slightly easier to come by depending on the storage and carrier. Lining up on Friday will not guarantee you anything but if you get there early enough, you may be able to get what you want. Though be prepared, because you may end up standing in line for hours-upon-hours and only being left with colors and storage options that don't interest you. Going on Sunday will be even worse and you run the risk that there may not be ANY iPhone 7 models available at all (depending on your area) let alone a Black or Jet Black 7+.

My advice would be to keep checking the "pick up at store" option on Apples website. You never know, someone may cancel their order and a unit may become available. In my area, the iPhone 7 in my preferred color was sold out but I kept checking every 4 hours or so and eventually, I was lucky enough to have an availability pop up in the exact color and options that I wanted. At this point, that may be the best option unless you are able to take the day off and be the 1st person in line at your local apple store.

3. rain111 macrumors 6502a

rain111

I don't believe anyone who ordered a JB 128GB will get it this week/weekend, I wouldn't have high hopes, at least I don't have hopes for it.

4. King Shady thread starter macrumors 6502

King Shady

Thanks for the response man. So that reserve option goes live back on the 17th right?
    --- Post Merged, Sep 12, 2016 ---
    Yea I agree. I'm willing to go w/ matte Black as well. Both are stunning.

5. rain111 macrumors 6502a

rain111

I Ordered the JB myself, and I'll probably get it next week or week after.

6. terminator-jq macrumors regular

Yep. The 17th is what I've been hearing. I just checked and it it looks like the store pickup option is no longer clickable for any of the 7+ models. For the standard size 7, you can still preorder and choose pick up at store if there is one available in your area.

7. King Shady thread starter macrumors 6502

King Shady

Mine won't be here until October 18th apparently :(.

Fantastic I'll check it out the 17th then, as I have no intent on going w/ a 7 lol.

8. rain111 macrumors 6502a

rain111

You'll probably get it sooner than that time.

9. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

10. King Shady thread starter macrumors 6502

King Shady

To be fair I said black or Jet Black lol. Still, I understand both are heavily in demand.

11. rain111 macrumors 6502a

rain111

Blacks might get them faster, but Jet Blacks... no chance.

12. joeblow7777 macrumors 601

I'm too used to JB meaning "jail broken", and I was sitting here wondering how you could order a jail broken phone. :D

13. rain111 macrumors 6502a

rain111

LOL ya the same here, I just have to switch that part of my brain off in this forum.

14. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

For some reason this launch the PLUS models are in super high demand. It wasn't like this for the 6/S..

15. King Shady thread starter macrumors 6502

King Shady

No kidding lol. I miss the good ol' JB days of my iPhone 4 ;)
    --- Post Merged, Sep 12, 2016 ---
    I guess Apple really sold everybody on the exclusive camera :/

16. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

I think the camera had a huge factor in this launch. I don't remember any other launch where the camera was this heavily emphasized.

17. King Shady thread starter macrumors 6502

King Shady

I agree man. And while the camera upgrade is certainly nice, I'm coming from a 6, so I honestly only care about the bigger battery and screen. Could honestly care less about the dual camera (though it's a nice addition).

18. rain111 macrumors 6502a

rain111

the JB & Black colours played a big rule too.

19. 12vElectronics macrumors 68040

12vElectronics

Funny because I'm coming from the 6+ and can't wait to get a one handed mangeable phone like the 7 lol!

20. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

My guess is that after the initial launch, whatever didn't get purchased or whoever did not choose to get the model they reserved will go back on their inventory and ready to be reserved again on the 17th. So the odd of getting the one you want on a Sunday is slim to none. But depends on what size and color you plan on getting.

21. King Shady thread starter macrumors 6502

King Shady

Dang well that's making me nervous then lol. I'm a college kid always on the move, so the smaller form factor is nice... but that screen is too nice to pass up! I've held my dad's 6+ and it seems fine. Apple really needs to shrink the bezels on the next iPhone though...
    Black 7+ (128GB or 256GB)

22. Shadowbech macrumors 68040

I think the matte Black is popular as well. I'd say check 8 am local time as I'm going to guess that's when the reservation will start.

23. 1080p macrumors 68020

1080p

This is highly unlikely. If NO ONE who ordered it gets one... that would mean that Apple would not have manufactured ANY. That is a hard pill to swallow... considering that 128 is the base model for that color. If anything... the Jet Black 128 will the be the Jet Black with more abundance out of all the Jet Blacks... but I refused to believe that Apple wouldn't be able to ship at least SOME of them.

24. gui0312 macrumors 6502

gui0312

I just checked and the pick up in store option that was available for some of the matte black IP7's is now only displaying "Visit an Apple Store on the 16th etc."

25. King Shady thread starter macrumors 6502

King Shady

Yea I messed around with that option. There's a couple iPhone 7's (not 7+) available on Friday at my local stores.