Odds on Apple Store Walk In Success?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Cuechick, Sep 29, 2015.

1. Cuechick macrumors 6502

Cuechick

I need to take my old phone in for repairs and could not get an appointment sooner than Sunday. Just wondering if I just walk in am I wasting my time?

I don't mind waiting by the way but how long do you think I should be prepared for?

2. CNeufeld macrumors 6502a

I'm guessing that the Apple stores in general is going to be pretty chaotic these days, so your odds of getting things taken care of without an appointment aren't as good as usual. If I recall correctly, it takes awhile to replace some of the components you're looking to get fixed (battery and switch?). Maybe that will increase your odds of getting a refurbished phone instead.

C

3. cambookpro macrumors 603

cambookpro

Depends how busy the store you're going to is, but I wouldn't go in expecting to be seen. I had an appointment yesterday and although the Genius Bar didn't seem that full, three people got turned away and were told to make an appointment (earliest available was next Monday) and were told they couldn't be seen even if they waited.

You could try phoning the store, but it's a hundred times easier just having an appointment and means you will definitely be seen.

4. Cuechick thread starter macrumors 6502

Cuechick

Thanks! I will just wait till Sunday... maybe I will check and see if an earlier slot opens up. I do have 3 different stores nearby.