Odds that a future update will include surfing with images off?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by VoodooDaddy, Aug 28, 2007.

1. VoodooDaddy macrumors 65816

Ive had my new iphone for all of 3hrs and I have to say, Im already less than impressed with the web browsing. I had a Sidekick for years (all 3 versions) then switched to a Blackberry about a year ago. Both of those phones allow surfing with images off to speed up the page loading. Yes, images are nice to show off to people, but I dont typically browse to look at pictures, Im reading content.

So you think they may include this option in the future?? Also, I tried it over wifi with internet sharing from my airport in my mini and it wasnt much faster. Any tips?

2. samwich macrumors regular

can't you use the mobile google to surf the web without pictures etc. to browse faster?

3. Epicurus macrumors 6502

Epicurus

I've gotten in the habit of using Google's view and it certainly is nice to have. I'd probably prefer it if Apple made it a built-in feature, but it's not at the top of my priority list for iPhone upgrades...

4. badtzmaru macrumors 6502

i agree, there should be an option to turn images off.

5. VoodooDaddy thread starter macrumors 65816

is this the same as the poster above you suggested?? I went to google.com/mobile and it wants you to enter your phone # to send you a text message. What exactly do they need to send you a text for? And do you have to start from googles page every time, or how exactly does it work.