ODF compatibiliy with iWork '08?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by JD92, Aug 30, 2007.

1. JD92 macrumors 6502a

JD92

Hey people, basically my question is can I read and write to .odt, .ods etc. with iWork '08 either matively (unlikely I know) or with a 3rd Party plugin?

The reason I ask is because I've used NeoOffice on my Mac for quite some time and OpenOffice.org on Linux/Windows for years and almost all of my homework for school is in .odt documents. An Apple Store recently opened in my city (Glasgow) and amid all of the excitement of the cheering and the free tshirts I put down £55 for a copy of iWork '08, thinking I would be able to easily convert my documents to iWork format. However, now I've realised I would really like my documents to be interchangeable between all three platforms I use and so ODF is the best way, in my opinion, to go.

So, again, basically my question is can I read and write to .odt, .ods etc. with iWork '08 either matively (unlikely I know) or with a 3rd Party plugin?

2. NightLord macrumors regular

Why not open the .od* files in Neo Office and save them as .doc and then open them in iWorks?

3. JD92 thread starter macrumors 6502a

JD92

Yeah I could, but that kinda defeats the point of saving them all in ODF to begin with.

But you're right, if no one has any sort of plug-in then that's what I'll have to do :(