Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rhyno37

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 23, 2011
Just traded my GS3 for an iPhone 5 and the guy gave me aftermarket chargers. I'd like to buy the original wall adapter and cord, anyone know where the best/cheapest place would be to get a genuine one.

Rhyno37

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 23, 2011
Actually after looking on the apple website, the reviews are absolutely horrible. Almost everyone says the cables last little more than a couple months and are horrible quality. Is this true?

Are there better recommended brands?

Minhimalism

macrumors 6502a
Jan 6, 2012
Texas
Actually after looking on the apple website, the reviews are absolutely horrible. Almost everyone says the cables last little more than a couple months and are horrible quality. Is this true?

Are there better recommended brands?

If you want the OEM brand keep in mind the Apple Store will replace your cables I believe 2x per device when they wear down! :) It's a bit of a hassle but it's pretty nice of them.

On another note though, I have a Belkin cable and it feels MUCH sturdier than the OEM one! It also comes in cute colors.

randy98mtu

macrumors 65816
Mar 4, 2009
I recommend the RND cables on Amazon. They are far better constructed. I have only bought the 2M long cables. They are $2 more than the Apple cables, but they are far better constructed. Between 3 lightning devices, I have 3 failed Apple cables in under 12 months. I bought I think 8 of them and I can see 2 or 3 more that are close to failing. I will only buy the RND cables now.

Rhyno37

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 23, 2011
I recommend the RND cables on Amazon. They are far better constructed. I have only bought the 2M long cables. They are $2 more than the Apple cables, but they are far better constructed. Between 3 lightning devices, I have 3 failed Apple cables in under 12 months. I bought I think 8 of them and I can see 2 or 3 more that are close to failing. I will only buy the RND cables now.

Ah, I actually was looking at those, great to hear.

What do you guys recommend as a USB wall plug then?

Gjwilly

macrumors 68040
May 1, 2011
SF Bay Area
Ah, I actually was looking at those, great to hear.

What do you guys recommend as a USB wall plug then?

Where are you located?
I've got like 6 genuine Apple USB wall plugs, brand new in full Apple retail packaging.
If you're close by I'll make you a good deal.

soundtracker

macrumors member
Jun 1, 2012

Thank you for the recommendation, this is very helpful!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.