OEM iPhone 5 back cover swap

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by D33170, Nov 1, 2012.

1. D33170 macrumors newbie

2. MacBreezy macrumors regular

I think it might be cool looking to have a white housing with a black front.

3. wlossw macrumors 6502a

wlossw

I was thinking the exact same thing. But if you swapped the back, the glass parts would be white. I just wish they offered raw aluminum with black glass...

4. Jman13 macrumors 68000

The swap would certainly be not for the faint of heart, of course, as you would have to completely disassemble the phone and essentially re-build it in its entirety.

5. mdwsta4 macrumors 65816

I'm waiting for the black front to become readily available. That's actually the reason I changed my order from black to white as I prefer the raw aluminum over the black aluminum.

In the meantime, I'm using vinyl to make the front/back look black
    [​IMG]

6. jremy86 macrumors newbie

Sorry to post in such an old thread, but I swapped my display on my white 5 for a black one and I came across the above post regarding black vinyl for the rear and was wondering if OP or anyone else could direct me to where I might purchase said black glass covers as I can't seem to find them anywhere

7. Minhimalism macrumors 65816

Minhimalism

I don't know where to get those, but could you post pictures of your phone? :)

8. mdwsta4 macrumors 65816

Where did you get the black front? The vinyl on my phone is from Grafix express, but I wouldn't recommend them as their customer service leaves much to be desired. ********** offers the same products and I plan on using him in the future.