OEM OSX Macbook where to buy?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by bookmac, Nov 13, 2007.

1. bookmac macrumors newbie

And how do I know which one to get?
    Thanks,
    Robert

2. Queso macrumors G4

OEM? You mean Apple, the only company that make them?

Wander down to your local Apple store or reseller and take a look. It's only when you're in front of these things that you get an idea of which one is for you.

3. sxl95 macrumors member

Actually, I don't think Apple makes computers anymore. I was under the assumption that manufacturing was outsourced.

And the the OP:

If you want the equivalent of an OEM copy of OS X Leopard, you would need to purchase a new Mac. Unlike Microsoft, who has different types of licenses for Windows, you can buy an OS X Upgrade which is full featured, and includes everything, or you can get it with a new Mac. There may be other ways to get OS X, but I presume you would need to be a developer. Apple also sells an OS X server.

There is no Basic, Home Premium, Business, Ultimate, Enterprise, 32 bit, 64 bit, etc. A boxed copy of OS X will work on any Mac that meets the system requirements, and aside from certain features that may require certain hardware above and beyond the minimum, the OS is FULLY FUNCTIONAL. The boxed version of Leopard will work with 32 AND 64 bit machines, and BOTH Intel and PPC systems. It also includes A LOT of drivers for things like printers.

-Sam