# of app screens on the 3.0 software

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by SIUGRAD99, Jun 16, 2009.

1. SIUGRAD99 macrumors regular

I haven't heard anything mentioned, but will we have more screens available to download apps with the new software? I am pretty full now and can only imagine how full i'll be with all the exciting new apps and such.

2. dukebound85 macrumors P6

dukebound85

i believe its 11 but infinite apps (until no room) with the search feature

3. tjhilder macrumors regular

tjhilder

uh oh, that doesn't leave me much room since I'm already on 8 pages of apps that i deemed 'useful' at one time or another :eek:

4. Pooshka macrumors 65816

5. ttech10 macrumors 6502

Yea, I saw one article/post where a guy had like 30+ apps that weren't on screen but could still be found via Spotlight.

^^ How is it rubbish? Works great for me.

6. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

you have 11 pages now but you can install as many apps as you want as long as you don't run out of storage space. once your 11 pages are filled new apps are installed without an icon. these apps without icons can be launched from spotlight.

7. Ntombi macrumors 68030

Ntombi

Why do you say that? I love it. It hasn't failed me yet, and it's changed how I launch apps. I've already stopped scrolling past page two: anything after that and I use Spotlight to launch.

8. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

+1 ^^^ Takes more time to type something in, than to just touch the screen about three times. Some idiot made big bucks off a dumb idea.....

That's why I have a touchscreen; if I wanted to type everything in, I'd have a BB something....

9. iArrudaG macrumors regular

iArrudaG

lmao :p its for those times your too lazy to look through like 60 pages of apps

and no one made big bucks, spotlight is already on macs :) they just integrated it in the iPhone

10. HarrisonB macrumors 6502

11. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

Well, for me, I pretty much know where my apps are in relationship to what page; and I still think it's redundant. I've never used it on my MBP, MBAir, or Mac Pro and probably never will..... IMHO

12. iArrudaG macrumors regular

iArrudaG

I also know where all my main apps are in a general sense. It's just those pesky ones you don't use on a regular basis. It just maybe prove to be useful for you. ;)

13. SFStateStudent macrumors 604

SFStateStudent

I see your point; thanks for the info....:cool::cool::cool:

I'm coming from a JB 3G iPhone and I love to separate my apps according the app use by page(s) and folders....

14. bndoarn macrumors 6502a

i think spotlight is useful when looking for songs especially if you have a lot.

15. prospereagle92 macrumors regular

I just put them in alphabetical order...makes it really easy