# of rings for voicemail

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by wateron, Oct 25, 2011.

1. wateron macrumors regular

New 4S on Verizon (& new Verizon customer). Whenever there is a call, it has to ring 6 times for the voicemail to answer. Is there anyway to change that so voicemail would answer after 4 rings or immediately

2. takeshi74 macrumors 601

Voicemail (and voicemail ring time which affects number of rings) is a carrier feature. Call 611 and have them adjust your voicemail ring time.

3. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

I doubt they can change that, its set like that by the carrier for all devices.

4. wateron thread starter macrumors regular

They said nothing they could do but I might try again as I don't know if the guy I talked to knew for sure

5. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

I remember I had AT&T change this for me a long time ago. Not sure if they do it anymore, I made it as long as possible which I think was six rings.

6. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Lol:D
    Its always 6 rings.

7. benhollberg macrumors 68020

benhollberg

When I called it was shorter, like something changed on the line or something. They really did change it.

8. deeddawg macrumors 604

On GSM systems, there are a variety of user-settable features -- or I should say there used to be, I haven't tried any lately, but I've successfully used them on AT&T in the past. For more info see http://geckobeach.com/cellular/secrets/gsmcodes.php

I'd think Verizon would have a way to adjust the time before a forward-no-answer.