Of Stickies and Spaces

Discussion in 'macOS' started by qwerty0033, May 5, 2011.

1. qwerty0033 macrumors newbie

Hi, I've read that you can move stickies from one space to another by using Fn+F8 and drag them from one to another.

So, the problem is, I have dragged all my stickies to the 2nd Space and after a reboot, the stickies will automatically pop back into the 1st Space.

How do i keep them where I left them?

2. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Do you have Stickies assigned to Space 1 in System Preferences > Expose & Spaces ? If so, I wonder what would happen if you removed that. Seems like it would allow Stickies to stay in whatever Space you put them in. I have mine assigned to a Space, so I can't tell you if that will work without playing around with it for longer than I have time for right now. :apple:

3. qwerty0033 thread starter macrumors newbie

Tried it. When i restarted, they all popped back to the same space.

4. Gregg2 macrumors 603

Try making copies of the Stickies application, renamed to Stickies1 (for Space 1) Stickies2 (for Space 2) etc.

Not sure how it will store your notes.

5. fhall1 macrumors 68040

fhall1

Stickies is a POS app that needs to be updated.....it exhibits the same behavior on multiple monitors. I had my stickies all set up how in wanted them on my secondary monitor....and as soon as you reboot, they all appear on the primary. Seems like it would be an easy thing for Apple to fix after all these iterations (Tiger, Leopard, Snow Leopard), but they never have.

6. qwerty0033 thread starter macrumors newbie

EXACTLY!! that is the case i face here! Well, i guess if u put it that way, we gotta wait for Lion lol. (IF they actually fix it). Btw, what is a POS app?

7. Gregg2 macrumors 603

H I !
    Piece of s _ _ t

8. qwerty0033 thread starter macrumors newbie

HAH! :eek: Damn.. I was like "Point of Sales"? Silly me :eek: