Off Contract in Store Pick Up? Only Tmo?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by theturtle, Sep 24, 2014.

1. theturtle macrumors 6502a

Hey guys, I will unfortunately be selling iphone 6 plus. The size isn't the issue. Its more of the weight that is bothersome. I use my phone in my bed so a lighter phone is definitely more appreciated. I would have preferred something lighter than the 5S but 19 gram increase give or take will be forgivable compared to the plus' 40+.

Anyways I digress. My question is, is there anyway to do instore pick up for off contract pricing iphone 6 for att or is the only instore pick up option the tmo. Im a premier account so I can't really just reserve one for contract pricing, get to the store, and request off contract pricing.

Is off contract pricing even possible? Will they sell me one without a extension or are the tmo ones the only ones that allotted to be sold at full price.

2. dcharleyultra macrumors 6502

Off Contract in Store Pick Up? Only Tmo?

I'll relate my story and what the Apple Store told me:

I'm on Verizon Edge. I did so buy bringing my own never-activated iPhone to Verizon and setting up an Edge account by financing my phone for $1.

I've paid the $1, so am now eligible for an upgrade.

My Verizon authorized-retailer told me to change phones, all I have to do is swap SIM cards.

On launch day, I stood in line and got an iPhone 6, paying full price.

Swapping SIM cards worked, and I was up and running.

Now I want to exchange for a 6 Plus.

The Apple Store told me to buy on apple.com and use the Verizon 2-year contract option. Choose to pickup at store.

When picking up the new phone, tell the Apple Store rep to cancel my order and replace it with an order for a full-price phone. At this time, I will also be able to exchange my iPhone 6 for the iPhone 6 Plus.

We will see, since I hope to place the order early tomorrow morning.

TL;DR Yes, the Apple Store said I could do off-contract pricing when I pickup my contract-priced Verizon iPhone 6 Plus. If one cannot purchase a contract-priced phone, one would probably have to wait in line and hope one is available when they are called into the store.