Off, Green, Red

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Kelly™, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Kelly™ macrumors regular

So my power adapter now, wasn't doing it yesterday, goes green when I plug it in (like normal) and then after about a second turns orage/red.
    I have never seen this before.

On top of that, normally it only takes about an hour or 2 to charge my battery, today its estimating at 4 hours......

Should I take this into an apple store and get it replaced?
    Should I just call apple and have them send me another?

2. anirban macrumors 6502a

anirban

When you connect the MagSafe plug to the laptop- is your battery less than 95%? Mine goes green, and after a second switches to amber- indicating that battery is being charged- that is normal.

Even though it is being estimated that it will take 4 hours to charge, how much does it actually take?

3. Kelly™ thread starter macrumors regular

It took 3 hours and 40 minutes....
    It is sitting at Calculating for the last 10 minutes still amber...

4. maclover92 macrumors newbie

Mine is green right when i plug it in, then if not charged, goes to red/orange, and charges until full then turns green again. So yours, to me seems normal. lol

5. propropro macrumors regular

I have the same problem...
    I have just taken the MBP from its box, and I have put the magsafe to charge the battery for first time. First it lights green, some seconds later it goes to red, and it stays red even when the battery is charged...
    I don't want to return the MBP as it works perfectly except for this :(

6. JPIndustrie macrumors 6502a

JPIndustrie

Usually a red light means an issue. The light should be either green or amber.

Try resetting the laptop. Turn it off. Remove the plug, remove the battery. Plug in the power, leave the battery out and turn it back on. Let it run for a few minutes, and double check power options in system prefs and see what the battery says, it should say 'no battery'.

Turn it off, then unplug everything - and reattach the battery, plug it in, turn it back on. See if that resets it.

Or, you can also run the laptop on the battery w/o external power until the mac powers off. Then replug and turn it back on - that should recalibrate the battery.

If not, bring it to the apple store.