Off on holiday and will pick up a iphone, i have a few questions

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by warmo161, Dec 15, 2014.

1. warmo161 macrumors newbie

I'm visiting america just after the new year (Disney florida) and was planning to get a iphone, I've been checking the availblty on store pickup for a while now with nothing changing (Looking for a 6plus 64gb) So, i wanted to ask, am I correct that store pickup is for the same day only? If so, and they dont have it in stock, could I go to a apple store and ask them to order one and i pick it up a few days later?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I think they may hold it for 24 hours, so may be able to pick it up the following day.

I found the best luck to ordering the phone very early Tuesday or Thursday morning with local pick up.

3. deeddawg macrumors 604

No. If your order online for instore pickup you have at least a week or so to pick it up. I forget the exact duration but it's several days.

Not sure about the second question but I think they'd simply direct you to use the website.

4. warmo161 thread starter macrumors newbie

A week? thats a relief, i'll double check on the website though. If they do refer me to the website that will be useless coz of where I would be staying

5. deeddawg macrumors 604

I just looked at an order I did in October. I placed the order on October 23rd and the followup email said "if you can't make it in by November 2, 2014 we'll call to arrange another pickup date" -- so clearly at least a week.

6. warmo161 thread starter macrumors newbie

Ok thanks, i'll keep a look out then

Btw, about inside the apple store, would I be able to connect my old and new iphone up to a mac, and find a app to transfer my music across?

7. Stevessvt macrumors 6502

Maybe before you come you should back up your music to Google Play music on your computer. Then just d/l the app and either stream or download it at your will.

8. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

unfortunately no, just for security reasons any customers personal information is not allowed on the stores computers.

9. mattopotamus macrumors G4

mattopotamus

side note: I am shocked they let people airplay to the appleTVs. That just seems like a can of worms.

10. lakaiordie macrumors 65816

usually the people who put something annoying are teenagers on friday/saturday nights. usually the stores security takes care of it quick.

11. warmo161 thread starter macrumors newbie

Hmm, fair enough. I might still try, just pretend to be think and ask the guys there if they have any ideas

But at the end of the day, as long as i can actually use my new phone i'll be happy

12. Paco II macrumors 65816

If having your music is an imperative you could always signup for iTunes Match if it is available to you. Yes another $25 but what's the cost of not having your music ;)