Off School Today

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Intel Inside, May 20, 2009.

1. Intel Inside macrumors 6502

Hey, off school today after i had an operation on my mouth to remove the frenum. (the piece if tissue connecting you lip to your gum)
    So i was in pain yesterday after the anesthetic wore off.

Mum wanted to keep me home incase someone bumped it :D

Just posting because I'm bored, anyone else off today?

2. toolbox macrumors 68020

toolbox

Yep i have the week off from work!. My day consisted of trying to find a game called Thexder 95 which i did find and completed it today. Had to attend to some client problems that occured at work, Walked down to my parents house and got the dogs and took them for a walk up to my place. Cleaned up my house then took the dogs back at about 4, then it starts raining hard and now i am having a beer watching the news. And might watch a bit of house season 3 later

3. ErikCLDR macrumors 68000

I've been on and off school for the past two weeks. Not really a big deal since I got my AP tests over with and the rest of the school year is a joke because I am a senior.

This the the summarized version leaving out many arguments with my doctor and his nurses and some of the very incompetent assumptions they made.

I've had some mystery cough. Like really bad cough. Coughing as in I get 3hrs of sleep each night. Here's what i've done

Went to my regular doctor, he prescribed a zpak and an inhaler in addition to my existing allergy meds

I called him 4 days later to say it wasn't working and the inhaler did nothing buy make me super jittery and have heart tremors

He prescribed another inhaler (xopenex) and another antibiotic

I called him to say that it wasn't doing anything and fought with the nurses as to why albuterol/xopenex does not get rid of a cough and if it does it must take a long time as I had been on it for 12 days

Finally got another appointment with him where I was really pissed and he gave me Robitussin + Codeine to "help you sleep". Well that didn't work 1) robitussin is an expectorant and can make you cough more, 2) Took 2hrs to kick in and worked for about an hour, and 3) Codeine doesn't work on 60% of people.

After 14 days I called the doctor office, talked to another ignorant nurse and said "look, its been 2 weeks, I haven't stopped coughing, your treatment is not working, the cough medicine you finally gave me does nothing, so you either need to give me something that works or you can pack up my records and I'll be there in 20 minutes to pick them up" The nurse said I probably should use the inhaler more.

So 20 minutes later I was there getting my medical records. I went to an allergist that same day who did some tests and concluded
    1) The inhalers had virtually no effect on my breathing ability (I'd love to go stick that in the other doctors face)
    2) I am very allergic to oak and birch pollen. The prick test for oak on my arm swelled up to the size of a dime even though I was on zyrtec.
    3) The antibiotics will do nothing for me

So now I have prednisone and some "real: (in the words of my new doctor) cough medicine (hycodan) and I am feeling a bit better. I did wake up at 3:00 this morning coughing and haven't fallen back to sleep since and I didn't want to take any more hycodan.

4. Surely Guest

Surely

Dude, why'd you have your frenum amputated?

5. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

Nope, done with school a while back, but I sure miss going to school and having days OFF from school. :D

I LOVE that game. Do spell the beans.

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I suppose I had an off day today. I work for myself so times flexible like that. Went to the shops with a friend (we got a new Tesco recently, it's about the size of the village we live), my Xbox arrived and now I'm probably going to spend the rest of the day setting it all up and playing a few games.

7. dmr727 macrumors G3

dmr727

I'm off today too. Kind of lazy day for me today - maybe I'll go swimming or something.

8. Eyedn macrumors regular

Well not quite sure if this counts but i did have my final day of college today. Feels great to have finished!

9. iShater macrumors 604

iShater

Congratulations. Did you board there too?

10. Eyedn macrumors regular

Nope, (im in the UK) and the college was like half an hour from my house, i need plans for the summer though, really want to either travel to America or Italy to be honest...hmm.

11. Intel Inside thread starter macrumors 6502

Because it was really low, in between my teeth and made it hard and painful to brush.