off the peg forums?

Discussion in 'Web Design and Development' started by iZac, Jul 29, 2008.

1. iZac macrumors 68000

iZac

My boss is looking to get a forum, but he wants minimum effort. Exactly: he wants to pay a fee and one is immediately set up, only requiring signing up and logging in. I dont think he's even fussed about having a domain name, just a just a "www.awesomeforum.myboss.com" type thing is ok.

Are there pay and play type services like this available?

2. angelwatt Moderator emeritus

angelwatt

3. exabytes18 macrumors 6502

When I used to play an online mmorpg (Cybernations), we relied heavily on invisionfree.com. For secretive operations, we'd setup a separate forum since it was so easy. They even support domain names down at the host level on the web server, so you can make it look like you host the forum on your own domain.

They run an old version of IBP... stripped down quite heavily, but they are always fast. They are switching forums over to zetaboards which seems like a nice refresh (haven't used zetaboards, but it looks good).

So from my own experience, I'd say take a look at them if you are looking for a quick place to discuss something.

4. iZac thread starter macrumors 68000

iZac

thanks chaps, ill forward these options to my senior, and he can choose himself (that means he'll saunter over to my desk and hover around until i look up at him.)

5. Hates macrumors regular

Just find one that can host vBulletin for you. That's what MacRumors runs, and is the one most people are familiar with.