office 08?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by Jongewehr, Jun 8, 2009.

1. Jongewehr macrumors 6502

hey guys i got office 08 , an was wondering if there is any way, to get Visual Basic working with it. is there a hack or anythin, i need Visual Basic in the workplace. dumb Microsoft.

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Nope. It just doesn't exist in the Mac version. The only "solution" I've ever heard of is to run Windows Office via virtualization.

3. larkost macrumors 6502a

Microsoft has already said that VisualBasic is going to make a comeback in the next version of Office for Mac. But that is going to be a year or two away. But the version of VB in Office for Mac has always been a little less useful than that on Windows because it only supports internal operations. A lot of the things that big companies do with VB is connecting it to external DLLs, and that is not possible on the Mac.

4. nadyne macrumors 6502a

Sorry, there's no hack. :( You can run Office 2004 for the places where you need VBA.

We have announced that VBA is coming back in the next version of Office. If you want the gory technical details for why we couldn't shoehorn it into Office 2008, one of our senior developers wrote a blog post about it when we originally announced its removal back in 2006: saying goodbye to Visual Basic. He wrote a post last year when we announced that we're bringing it back: [url="http://www.schwieb.com/blog/2008/05/13/saying-hello-again-to-visual-basic/]saying hello (again) to Visual Basic[/url].

Regards,
    Nadyne.