Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xxlordgold

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2007
Richmond. VA
Office 2004 Student and Teacher edition isn't working on my new 2.4 macbook pro. When I insert the cd, it's recognized, but the automatic installer wouldn't work, so I just did a manual install by dragging the Office icon to my applications folder. When I click to open any of the programs, it's icon appears on the dock, bounces for about 20 seconds, and dissapears. I've tried installing the newest patches from Microsoft, but when I run them, it says a valid Office 2004 install isn't found.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!

rdowns

macrumors Penryn
Jul 11, 2003
Did you first delete the trial version of Office that comes on the MBP? If not, eradicate everything Office from your machine and then re-install.

xxlordgold

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2007
Richmond. VA
I had a feeling that'd be the problem... well, any ideas on what I could do to perhaps get it working again?

Thanks for the page, rdowns. I'm going to do an uninstall using the CD and reinstall to see if it helps.

xxlordgold

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 17, 2007
Richmond. VA
Argh, still not working. I used the remove office command in the Additional Tools folder and reinstalled. Same thing as before, the installer wouldn't work so I manually installed, and I get the same vanishing icon. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.