Office 2004 test drive a HUGE Pain

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by 00PS, Aug 24, 2007.

1. 00PS macrumors member

I have uninstalled the test drive version of Office 2004 on my macbook 2.16 c2d then tried to install the full version of office (student and teacher edition) and the "office setup assistant" will crash while it is opening (bouncing in the dock). when i took it in to the I help desk at my university they told me there is some sort of permission error on the hard drive with the test drive version of office. he told me to boot from the Mac OSX cd and to run the disk utility. i think i have done that, but is anyone familiar with this problem? can anyone walk me through exactly what to do as far as the permission error goes. he mentioned he has software to take care of it but can I get that software? his flat rate is $70 and I refuse to pay that much, as I've never payed anyone to fix a problem on my computer.

2. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

How did you uninstall it? Just moved it to the trash or did you use the Remove Office icon?

-Kevin

3. vansouza macrumors 68000

vansouza

What you want to hear

I know this is not what you want to hear but go to the apple site and search, I did that a year ago and found the sequence to do what you want done. Sorry but I just do not remember...

4. 00PS thread starter macrumors member

the remove office program, sorry

5. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

Ok...just making sure. Not sure what to suggest next. Maybe a Spotlight search to see what is still left behind?

-Kevin