Office 2004 Test Drive Upgrade Problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by alyssariffic, Jan 8, 2008.

1. alyssariffic macrumors newbie

I have a problem that hopefully someone will be able to help with. I am out of the country, and had office 2004 installed on my computer. I know my product ID, but am having trouble with the software and need to reinstall it, and I don't have my CDs with me and will not return to the US for two and a half months. I already removed my previous version of office 2004 and installed the test drive thinking I could just upgrade to the full version using my product key, but it didn't allow that.

Since I'll be gone for the next two months, I was wondering if anyone knew any special way to go from the trial to full version using your key (it doesn't seem to allow it) or a way to renew the trial twice while I'm here (without formatting my computer) so I can just install it from my CDs when I get home. Any suggestions?

2. bacaramac macrumors 65816

bacaramac

My brother bought Office 2008 and no longer needs his Office 2004. He is sending it to me and I was hoping I could just enter the product key in the test drive version instead of sending the actual disk.

Is this possible? Thinking not, but wanted to check.