Office 2004 Test Drive

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Ride The Spiral, Nov 2, 2008.

1. Ride The Spiral macrumors newbie

I recently had to get a new hard drive because my old one crashed. I got a new one replaced, and I needed Office 2004 back onto my Mac Book. I did not have the cd's because I let my brother (he lives in New York and I live in Minnesota) download it onto his Mac Book Pro, so he has the cd's. I told the tech guy who worked on my laptop about my predicament, and he said if Office 2004 Test Drive was on my laptop, I could just input the cd keys, and it will work. So, I have the cd keys, but I have no idea where to input them. So my question is how do I get Office back onto my laptop when I have the cd keys but no cd?

2. DoNoHarm macrumors 65816

DoNoHarm

have your brother copy the office cd and send it to you. media mail costs like $1.00.

3. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

^ i don't think you understand the OP. He has the cd keys and a trial version of Office. If office test drive is installed, just open up an app and it should ask you to put the serial in. If not, pop in the restore dick (grey disks) and install the test drive. Then open an app and put in the serial.

4. nadyne macrumors 6502a

Sorry, but the tech guy is not correct. If you have the Office 2004 Test Drive on your computer, you can't go from that to the full version of Office. You need to uninstall the Test Drive, and then install the full version of Office.

So you need to get a copy of the disc from somewhere. Since you've got a legal license key, you can borrow anyone's Office 2004 CD (assuming it's the same version -- Student or Standard or Professional), use that to install, and then input your license key.

Regards,
    Nadyne.