Office 2004 Testdrive... ANGER. Screwed up fonts.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Sean Dempsey, Aug 19, 2007.

1. Sean Dempsey macrumors 68000

Sean Dempsey

I downloaded an app that was in a Stuffit file, a .sit extension. It was the Dock Seperator app.

So I go to open it, and the .sit instead opens up in the Office 2004 test drive, thinking it was a Word file. I tried to stop it, but it was too late. Office installed all of it's fonts, and in the process trashed some of the fonts I had, and caused the usual duplicate problems

So I tried to resolve duplicates in FontBook, but some of the fonts are still missing, namely MyriadPro Black. I am so pissed off right now I am sweating.

I am not sure what to do now. The same thing happened on my mac pro and I swore I wasn't going to infect my machine with windows fonts, but now this iMac is going to have the same ******** problems.

Can anyone else sympathize? Why does Office insist on installing it's own fonts? Is there any way I can revert my fonts back to before? This is crazy.

2. Fukui macrumors 68000

Fukui

Did it put it in the trash or actually *destroyed* the files?
    I think office installs the fonts into the user font directory, not the system one.... my only suggestion is to put your fonts back in font book (if they are still available) then remove the MS ones.