Office 2008 12.2.8 Update can't be installed on this Disk.

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Harlocker, Dec 16, 2010.

1. Harlocker macrumors newbie

I need some help here, please. The full message is below. I already have updated to 12.2.7 and running the latest Mac OS but suffering continual Entourage crashes, which I'm hoping this will fix.

Office 2008 12.2.8 Update can't be installed on this Disk. A version of the software required to install this update was not found on this volume.

2. Harlocker thread starter macrumors newbie

Can't install reply

4) Navigate to Office 2008 12.1.1
    Update/Contents/Resources/package_updatable and open the file in TextEdit
    5) Scroll to the bottom and find the line "found_valid_version=False"

There seems to be a significance between the 12.1.1 being mentioned and the 12.2.8 that this post does not apply. there is no"found_valid_version=False" line in 12.2.8.

Other thoughts?

3. chezhoy macrumors regular

chezhoy

I have the same problem too...

4. johnthorne macrumors newbie

quit Microsoft Office updater

I had the same problem. Checked to see if I had ANY Office program running and discovered that (duh!) I was running the Office updater that had downloaded the update. I quit that and the update performed without a hitch. Hope this helps!

5. Zardron macrumors newbie

Can't install office 2008 updates

The solution that worked for me was to move the Office 2008 folder back into the applications folder; those pesky gremlins had moved it into the users, shared folder. I think this may have happened after the Lion install on my iMac?

After moving the office folder back into the applications folder and deleting the office 2008 folder from the users, shared folder, i downloaded the update and it all worked seamlessly.

Hope this helps some of you out there. :)