Office 2008 and Clip Art problems

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by johnbaby, Jan 26, 2010.

1. johnbaby macrumors newbie

Hi,

New Mac user and just switched from several years of PC usage. My question is regarding importing Clip Art into any Office 2008 product. Previously on my PC I had the ability to choose an "online" search option and I could just insert any clip art straight from online into my Office products (PowerPoint, Word, etc).

It seems that now, I have to click on the "online" button which directs me to the Microsoft clipart site, then select an image, choose "download", and then import that image into my gallery to use it. Is there not a way to automatically have these items go online to search anymore? If not, any other suggestions apart from having to click so many times to get a usable image?

In addition, a further problem with going online and downloading, it does not appear to retain the key words used for future searching even after going through the steps of downloading an image. So if I download a football or something, it just goes in my "favorites" folder with no further info like a keyword of "Football", "Sports", etc.

I'm very frustrated as I'm a teacher and often use these clipart images and what was previously so easy with Office for PC, seems to be such a hassle now. Any help or alternative solutions for this dilemma would be much appreciated.

2. nadyne macrumors 6502a

I'm sorry to say, but the way that you're doing it now is the way that it works in Office:Mac.

You should send feedback to us to tell us how important this is for you and how it impacts you. In Word, go to Help -> Send feedback. Be verbose and well-reasoned. We use that feedback to help us prioritise future work, and so it's important that you tell us why it matters to you. :)

Regards,
    Nadyne.

3. fixerupper40 macrumors newbie

Office 2008 clip art gallery attempt to open database failed

Hi,
    Im fairly new to mac.....my wife uses office 2008 and she cant seem to open the clip art gallery in any app....Im getting the attempt to open data base failed ERROR. I have gone to the clipart directory and see that there is clipart in the folders....Running snow leopard....can anybody help thanx

4. nadyne macrumors 6502a

Which version of Office:Mac 2008 are you using? Go to the Word menu (or any other of the Office apps), select About, and then tell me what version is displayed there. It should say 12.2.4. If it says anything else, then you should update your copy of Office to the latest and greatest. To update, go to the Help menu in any Office app and select "check for updates".

What is the exact error message that you see? Post a screenshot if you like, but make sure you get the wording exactly correct. I'm not sure which error message you're referring to without the exact wording.

Regards,
    Nadyne.

5. fixerupper40 macrumors newbie

Ive just updated to 12.2.4 launched word with the same error see Screen shot 2010-04-16 at 4.55.39 PM.png

thanks for your help

Jim