office 2008 and spaces

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Freyqq, Jan 17, 2008.

1. Freyqq macrumors 68040

With office 2008, you cannot put 2 word documents in different spaces. If you move one..they all move to the new space. This is really really really stupid. Even 2004 could do this. I know of no other program that does something this stupid.

2. tibi08 macrumors 6502a

tibi08

Doesn't surprise me, it's not properly written software

3. WhiteNoiseMaker macrumors regular

WhiteNoiseMaker

Hmmm theres gotta be loads

EDIT: OK my bad I'm finding it hard to find something else i've got installed that does this!

4. Freyqq thread starter macrumors 68040

the weird thing is that ppt and excel work correctly and allow multiple windows in multiple spaces. Must be a bug with word. Still annoying..and who knows when they'll fix it.......could be months

5. coolbits macrumors member

Nothing strange here... M$ always releases not finished products... just look at vista :D

6. Freyqq thread starter macrumors 68040

cough..leopard bugs..cough

MS isn't the only company that releases software that evidently wasn't well tested

7. hk8899 macrumors newbie

I don't know what the problem is but it sounds like a bug in the system. Have you tried opening word in one space and then going into the other space and opening word in that space. I'm not sure if it will work but it could be worth a try:confused:

8. hk8899 macrumors newbie

Yeah, actually if excel and ppt work it is a MS stuff up and a not well tested program.:D

9. Freyqq thread starter macrumors 68040

if you do that it will open 2 docs in 2 seperate spaces, but once you switch spaces the docs start sticking together again.