Office 2008: changing fonts

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by MarlboroLite, Jan 31, 2008.

1. MarlboroLite macrumors 6502a

MarlboroLite

I know the title makes it sound stupid, but this isn't about how to change fonts. It's about how to change the default fonts. Since Office 2007, the default font of body text has been Calibri and for headings Cambria. In Mac Office 2008 it is reversed with Cambria as body and Calibri as heading.

I don't know how to reverse this, I hate having to change this manually every single time and it gets confusing. I want a permanent reversal!

thanks

:confused:

2. creator2456 macrumors 68000

creator2456

I am having the same problem.

How can you set the default font in Office '08 (mainly Word)?

3. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

Drop down menu click Format -> Style -> make sure "normal" is highlighted ->click "modify..." -> select font from the bottom left corner and check the box "Add to template" when you're done.

I think that is what you wanted?

Attached Files:

4. creator2456 macrumors 68000

creator2456

That works to change the style in the current document only. What I am looking for is a way to set Times New Roman as the default font for when any new document is created. It's currently Cambria (Body).

5. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

6. creator2456 macrumors 68000

creator2456

Tried it several more times and finally got it to work on the 4th try. Thanks for the help, but doing this should definitely be easier i.e. a preference pane for Defaults

7. Soliber macrumors regular

I know this topic has been dead for quite some time now, but I had the same problem and it just would not go away.
    The easiest solution in my opinion, is to just take the Normal.dotm file of a Office 2007 install, and paste it over the Normal.dotm of your Office 2008 install.
    I've just tried this, it works like a charm :)
    Under Windows, it resides under users/*username*/appdata/roaming/microsoft/templates
    Under Mac, it resides under home/library/application support/microsoft/office/templates
    Just thought I'd share this :)