Office 2008 Entourage Hangs - Apple or MS issue?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by stumpapi, Aug 1, 2010.

1. stumpapi macrumors newbie

stumpapi

I thought I would give this forum a try as i cannot figure this out for the life of me and I so frustrated. Seems recently every time I open Entourage it hangs as soon as I enter my mail account password. It then must be forced quit.

I have tried everything I could find online as suggestions to fix the ssues including deleting fonts, deleting font caches, rebuilding database, and identities etc. I also cannot empty the exchange cache as you must be logged in for the command to show up. I don't know if this is an Apple OS or Microsoft Office issue or how to figure that out?

I hope someone might have a a lead as to a way to go with this as my whole office is run from Entourage and it is on hold until I can get this fixed. I have a MBP 2.4 with 4 Gig. Running 10.6.4.

Thank you.

2. JediMeister macrumors 68040

Unless you're having issues with applications other than Entourage it's likely an Entourage/Office issue. You didn't mention whether you checked for updates to Office from another Office application. If I recall the check for update option is in the Help menu.

3. nadyne macrumors 6502a

Without more information, it's hard to answer your question.

Which version of Entourage?
    Which version of OS X?
    What kind of accounts are you connecting to? POP, IMAP, Exchange? If Exchange, which version (2003, 2007, 2010)?
    Have you tried to use a new Identity?

There are a lot of Entourage experts that hang out on the Entourage forums, so you might want to direct your question over there instead.

Regards,
    Nadyne.