Office 2008 Excel

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by fluidlives, Aug 29, 2012.

1. fluidlives macrumors newbie

Hi to anyone who reads this.

I am a newbie to forums and hope that I have come to the right place in order to begin my participation in any conversations.

Unfortunately it is a problem that has brought me here and I hope that somebody may point me in the right direction with an issue that is self inflicted by stupidity.

It involves office 2008 in particular excel and I have stupidlyforgotten the password I used to protect a spreadsheet. Normally my passwords are not something I forget in all other areas of personal privacy, so it is frustrating that the one time I forget one, it is on an important spreadsheet.

After conducting research into how I can re-access this file, my attempts so far have only served up advice for pc based versions. I am the author of this file and no legal issues are possible as a result of this problem.

If anyone can help point me in the right direction or even provide me with credible support to overcome this issue then I will be eternally grateful. I know my gratitude is an intangible reward for such important assistance but being a stranger to all, I do not know any other to way to demonstrate said gratitude.

Your hopefully

Fluid Lives

2. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

You're pretty much out of luck. Try to remember the password.

3. fluidlives thread starter macrumors newbie

Hi Miles01110,

Thats the answer I was worried about getting but kind of expecting lol...It is looking more and more like a rebuild job, which in all fairness might be easier than searching my memory bank.

Thanks for your reply