Office 2008 for Mac - Home and Student - Major Puzzle

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by pannyo, Sep 3, 2011.

1. pannyo macrumors newbie

Here's a really weird glitch -- try it: Type the following paragraph exactly as it appears in MS Word for Mac.

Elianor shifted in her chair, then looked Catherine directly in the eye. "If his lordship could be convinced that allowing me to support your efforts to a limited degree would enable his workers to make his mines more profitable, then he might not object to strenuously. I have heard him speak of the difficulties of making his ignorant louts operate the modern steam engines, without breaking them. Some of them can't even manage mules it seems."

Word hangs every time. This paragraph was messing up an entire book, and we finally rewrote the paragraph, and it was fine. What is going on? Anyone smart enough to figure out what the words trigger in MS Office 2008 for Mac - Home and Student Edition?

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It must be something in your configuration unrelated to the text. It doesn't cause any problems for me.

3. gorskiegangsta macrumors 65816

gorskiegangsta

Must've been a formatting issue. This can sometimes happen with .docx files that have been converted to .doc files or backwards.