Office 2008, Latest Update (12.2.0)

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by kristokn, Jul 28, 2009.

1. kristokn macrumors newbie

Hey all,

I run MS Office 2008 on my MBP, since the latest 12.2.0 update it is crashing now more than ever and really frustrating me. Entourage crashes multiple times per day, I love my Macbook and OS X but I cannot work effectively if the main apps I use every day keep blowing up.

Running office on VM Ware Fusion is more stable than the mac version, it's sad. I installed iWork 09 yesterday to give it a try and see if I can at least leave Excel and Word behind, but Mail just doesn't seem to cut it when everyone I work with is MS Exchange for email, contacts, and calendars.

Anyone else having issues, or always had issues with Office?

Thanks,
    -K

2. SnowLeopard2008 macrumors 604

SnowLeopard2008

Reinstall? ;) Majority of Office users like myself have the opposite experience. Office used to be buggy, even after the SP1 update; but is now very speedy. Haven't tested the space-age Spaces problem yet.

3. nadyne macrumors 6502a

If you're having issues like this, you should contact tech support. You can start here to get the right phone number for your area.

Since I see that you're in San José and I'm just up the road in Mountain View (with the rest of the Entourage team, as well as PowerPoint and some other things), I feel like I should know the right phone number for you, but I don't. :)

Regards,
    Nadyne.