Office 2008 messed up my fonts - help please

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Hobbit, Jan 20, 2008.

1. Hobbit macrumors member

I just installed office for mac 2008. I now have problems with my browsers' font in both safari and firefox.

The font for some reason seem to overlap and become illegible if the font size below certain size. I'm now having to enlarge the font more than i would normally like just to make the font legible.

I attach 2 snapshots of Macrumors front page on Safari, one before enlarging the font size and the second after.

Can someone help please.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Attached Files:

2. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Try resolving duplicates (from the edit menu in Font Book) and see if that helps...

3. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

I experienced the same problem but found a workaround that works for me very well:

• Uninstall Office 2008
    • Reboot your machine
    • Install Office again. Do not proceed with a standard Installation. Go to the custom one.
    • Uncheck the Office Fonts
    • Install Office
    That should fix the problem. Microsoft is so stupid, they are replacing system fonts with their own!

4. Hobbit thread starter macrumors member

Thank you for the advice. Reinstalling office without fonts fixed the problem.
    I tried to
    resolve duplicates first but didn't change anything.

5. skinEman23 macrumors member

Update!

I had the same problem - here's a quicker solution. Open fontbook, select all the fonts, right click and select validate. All the fonts Office installed that are bad will show warnings. Remove those, and you'll be good as new without a reinstall.

6. netnothing macrumors 68040

netnothing

I can't believe (or...can I :rolleyes:) that Office 2008 is already doing stuff like this.

So, if you don't install the Microsoft fonts....are you missing any functionality in Office?

-Kevin

7. Domofloge macrumors regular

Domofloge

I can believe it! I was reading a post on MR about all the bugs Office '08 has. Very very sad. Wish things could just work. :rolleyes:

8. wwwjscom macrumors member

Thanks! This + a restart had my computer working again....man I was scared for a mintue there. My macbook is only about a week old...Microsoft :(