Office 2008:No update found , but i can't start using word...

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by brave5213, Oct 7, 2008.

1. brave5213 macrumors regular

After installing Office 2008 on my MacBook Pro and running AutoUpdate first, before running any of the Office apps, I cannot successfully launch any of them.

When I launch one of them, let's say Word, I see the icon bouncing in the dock and then disappearing, while Office Setup Assistant is launching. The Office Setup Assistant then asks me to choose to or not to allow feedback about program performance to be sent back to Microsoft. Finally, Office Setup Assistant's final screen allows me to click "Finish." When I do, Office Setup Assistant quits and AutoUpdate launches. When I click on "Check for Updates," AutoUpdate doesn't find any update. Than i click "done" , that's it. i can't start using word or excel... starts again of the update...

2. XianPalin macrumors 6502

XianPalin

Maybe Uninstall and open the application up before running the updates? Kinda sucks but hopefully it might fix the problem without too much hassle

3. fastzhong macrumors newbie

:confused::mad:I have the exactly same problem after the update - i cannot start any office application now, anybody can help or explain? Thanks.

4. fishkorp macrumors 68020

fishkorp

That is a documented "problem" when using a pirated version of Office 2008. One of the most recent updates caused this to happen. If it's happening to you with a legitimate copy, call Microsoft, I'm sure they'll be more than happy to help.