Office 2008 Uninstall

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by 03jcrhr, Jul 4, 2011.

1. 03jcrhr macrumors member

I want to uninstall office from my MBP as I never use it. If I use the uninstall tool to remove it will the license be removed as well (I think the disc came with 2 licenses) ie. once I have uninstalled it will I be able to install it on 2 other macs.

2. Grannyville7989 macrumors 6502a

Grannyville7989

It should do. I've installed Office 2011 and Office 2010 numerous time after doing a complete reinstall of Mac or Window (and not previously uninstalling the application first) and I have never run into an issue with the activation.

3. dianeoforegon macrumors 6502a

dianeoforegon

Office 2008 did not use activation. As long as you remove you can re-use your keys.

Office 2008

Standard/Business version has 1 CD key
    Home & Student has 3 CD keys

Each Product Key represents a separate license to use Office 2008.

Each license entitles you to install on 1 "desktop" + 1 "portable" Mac. The restriction is that you are not permitted to use any of the Office programs on more than 1 of the 2 systems at the same time. If both Macs are on the same network you will be physically prevented from launching an Office program on the second Mac if any Office program is running on the other.

In total, the 3 licenses (Product Keys) for Home & Student enables you to install on 6 separate Macs... Theoretically that means 2 Macs for each of 3 users or individuals.