Office 2008???

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by adauge, Jan 15, 2008.

1. adauge macrumors regular

adauge

Do you get multiple uses out of it like the pc version? If so does anyone know how many?

2. hodgjy macrumors 6502

If you bought the student version, then yes, you get one DVD and three codes you can use to install it on three computers. I bought it today from my school book store.

3. adauge thread starter macrumors regular

adauge

Thanks. You get three codes, not just one to use three times? That's cool.

4. hodgjy macrumors 6502

5. Toronto1970 macrumors newbie

Does anyone know how strict they are with the license codes? Is it like Windows where it is tied to the machine hardware, or can a code "in theory" be used on more than one machine at the same time (realizing that it is against the licensing agreement, but which would be necessary when migrating from an old Mac to a new one).

6. mrkramer macrumors 603

mrkramer

I've got at least 3 macs capable of running it, and 2004 is installed on all of them, I didn't keep track of which of the 3 codes I used, so I'm pretty sure I used one of them more than once, and I also moved it from a computer that I sold without any problems or having to deactivate anything. I think you only run into problems if you have two computers using the same code on the same network at the same time.

7. Toronto1970 macrumors newbie

Thanks for the quick reply mrkramer. Has anyone tried this with 2008 to see if the licensing is similar?