office 2010 disc issues

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by vistadude, Feb 13, 2011.

1. vistadude macrumors 65816

I purchased office 2010 pro plus from my school and wanted it to install it on my desktop. Unfortunately the disc they sent is burned dvd. My desktop thinks it's an audio cd after struggling to read it. I asked for another copy and the same thing happened. If I put it in my mac running windows, it can see the data and regular install options, although I don't want to install it on the mac. Can I copy the files from the dvd to an external hard disk, transfer it to my desktop and install, or will there be some sort of copy protection?

Thanks.

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Can you just make an ISO of it on the Mac and mount that virtually on your desktop using Daemon Tools or some other Virtual CD mount software?

B

3. vistadude thread starter macrumors 65816

Yeah I could do that... it turns out you can just copy the files, there's no protection at least.

I hate how many computers can't read burned disc's from other computers or are sensitive to disc brand.