Office 2011 and Trash Can

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Lykos1986, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Lykos1986 macrumors member

Hello to everyone! I have a problem with my newly installed Office 2011 for Mac. All the applications (Word, Excel, Outlook etc) working correct without any problems but always I am having files that I don't want in the Trash Can.

Every time that I am turning on my MBP the Trash Can includes a folder named “Recovered Files” or something like that with a size from 60KB to 350KB. Inside the folder is always some files from different office applications (sometimes from Messenger, sometimes from Outlook etc). I am emptying the Trash Can without to have any problem with the Office applications. Of course, the Trash Can still remains empty.

But if I shut down the MBP and reactivated again, then I have exactly the same problem. I am not force quite any Office applications or anything else. Sometimes I am watching files in the Trash Can from applications that I have never open the previous day!

2. sergus macrumors newbie

I have exactly the same problem. I live with this and I hope they will fix this soon.

3. andylyon macrumors 6502a

andylyon

I third this, also happens every time for me, not a huge problem as I don't restart that much, but annoying nonetheless.

4. N-Y macrumors regular

i got that problem, each time i run msn messenger 8, and turn off my computer, the next time i turn on my computer, trashcan has something in it

5. bigtallguy macrumors member

The same thing happens to me, but I am running Office 08. I also have iWork and I can verify that this does not happen after running iWork, just Office. I only really use Word and Powerpoint. Haven't figured out really why this happens but it's not that big of a deal.

6. LOLaMac macrumors regular

I get this, as well. I read somewhere else that every time you open an Office 2011 application, it creates temporary files and that when you quit said application, the temp files are not deleted, so hang around until the next restart where they are automatically deleted by OS X. Kind of annoying and I hope there is a fix for it.

7. Apple OC macrumors 68040

Apple OC

I guess on a windows machine they would not go to the trash ... windows would just keep storing them for you ... over and over and over and over :cool: