Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fashiondgal007

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 5, 2008
Hi,
I have office 2011 installed on my laptop, But yesterday I started having problems with Word; the arrow keys are reversed, "up" goes down, "down" goes up....

Please, help? i'm out of the country and i can't reinstall the software.

Thanks.

ktharris

macrumors newbie
Jul 29, 2011
Answer?

Did anyone help you find a fix to this? I have the same problem, but can't seem to get rid of it.

Cheers,

K

simoneunicas

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2011
Same problem with word 2011 and Os Lion

Dear All,

I have the same problem with word 2011 after installing Mac OS X Lion.
Any solutions for that?
Thank you in advance
S

ScottNWDW

macrumors 65816
Jul 10, 2008
Orlando, Florida
That might have something to do with the reversed swipe gestures in OS X Lion. Try going into Lion's preferences and changing the up/down swipe back to the way it was in Snow Leopard.

The arrow keys in Office may also be linked to that.

simoneunicas

macrumors newbie
Aug 23, 2011
No results

That might have something to do with the reversed swipe gestures in OS X Lion. Try going into Lion's preferences and changing the up/down swipe back to the way it was in Snow Leopard.

The arrow keys in Office may also be linked to that.

Thank you very much for your suggestion. I tried it but without good results, unfortunately!
Any other suggestions?
Simone

wordsworth

macrumors 6502
Apr 7, 2011
UK
I haven't experienced that particular problem but I do encounter others when using Word (from Office 2011 for Mac). For example, for no apparent reason the audio feedback alerting me to cutting, pasting, saving etc can simply cease. The only way to get it back is to quit Word and start it up again.

There are other more serious anomalies but as I use Word in tandem with Pages, copying and pasting between the two, I can't definitively say that these are Word's problems, though that would be my first choice. My suspicion is that Word is flaky. Our experiences seem to bear that out.

(I'm using Snow Leopard.)

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.