Office 2011 > Font too small when opening docs from Win OFfice 2010?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by coolguy1, Jul 10, 2011.

1. coolguy1 macrumors member

Hi Guys,

As majority of the corporate world is Windows Office 2010, how do you guys deal w/ view/edit them in MAC's office 2011?

Every doc/email I open, the font is very small and non-readable, until I zoom in 130-140%, but when I save it, it opens that same zoom level when opened in Windows Office 2010?

2. dianeoforegon macrumors 6502a

dianeoforegon

Entourage used points for rendering fonts but the new, WebKit based editor in Outlook uses pixels. The difference is that pixels will typically render much smaller on your device that the same point (search "points vs pixels" for a deeper explanation).

I use size 14 which is equivalent to 2008's 12. Just up your font size. As long as your receiver is in a relatively modern e-mail client (anything in the last 10 years), they won't see anything odd.

Note: Try the new “c” fonts they display better in a cross platform situation.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dianeross/5239107355/

3. coolguy1 thread starter macrumors member

Also is there a MACRO that can be set to have excel 2011 autozoom to 140% by default? Whenever i recieve files from others w/ Office 2010 (windows), the font is too small, I have to zoom it to 140% to be equivalent to that of windows Office.

Any help pls? I can't believe M$ didn't figure this out when releasing the product? Considering majority still use Windows office 2010?