Office 2011 Language packs?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by inflynx, Nov 9, 2010.

1. inflynx macrumors member

Appologies if this has already been answered, but I googled around and could not find the solution.

Office 2011 comes localised to 13 languages (I mean interface). I have an english one, is there a way of switching the UI language? Or buy a langPacks like they do for office for windows?

Cheers!

2. elppa macrumors 68040

elppa

Just a quick idea — try changing the language order from the language and text panel in system preferences (and restarting the app if it is running) should do the trick.

This is how other apps work, but Office may do it differently.

3. davidlv, Nov 9, 2010
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2010

davidlv macrumors 65816

Doesn't work like that on my Japanese OS X system, which is set to English as the top-most language in the System Preferences pane. The Japanese version of Office I have still has a Japanese UI.
    I haven't got any verified sources or links, but I read somewhere that you will have to buy another c:eek:py in the language of your choice to switch the language interface-and then there is the problematic issue of whether or not it is possible to have BOTH versions installed on the same computer, even with 2 separate licenses.
    Gr....MS ---- a neverending saga

BTW - there is an update out to ver.14.0.1 in Japanese, should be available in English too.
    Haven't had time to see if fixes the Word, end of page text display bug. Another :eek: moment the first time I saw that! (The text will either not display correctly or scroll at the end of some pages, The actual text is still there but it looks like it has changed or is missing.)

4. inflynx thread starter macrumors member

Read that too, but that is not certain... Anyone knows something more on the subject?