Office 2011 Remote Desktop

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by geofg88, Sep 30, 2010.

1. geofg88 macrumors newbie

Sep 30, 2010
    Ok so i have office 2011 with all the apps installed on my mac

The two things i think are great additions are the outlook app and remote desktop.

My question is with remote desktop is it possible to use a pc to remote desktop to a mac? i can remote desktop to all my windows based machines with my mac, but cant seem to see a way of doing it from the mac.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated
  2. shootermac macrumors newbie

Feb 3, 2009
    It is not possible. However there are many free solutions out there, or many VNC solutions.
  3. roadbloc macrumors G3

Aug 24, 2009
    I thought the whole idea of the app was to connect a pc with a mac remotely...
    What's the point in it? As OS X already has a remote desktop feature built in.
  4. pdjudd macrumors 601

Jun 19, 2007
    Plymouth, MN
    That's the point - to connect to a PC. That's because remote desktop is a core system feature on windows - it's built in to the system. Remote desktop is not built into the Mac system so you cannot go the other way around.
  5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

May 16, 2008
    TeamViewer is great for connecting Macs to Macs, PCs to PCs, Macs to PCs and PCs to Macs. It's free and simple to use.
  6. Consultant macrumors G5

Jun 27, 2007
    Apple Remote Desktop is built in, with VNC support. If you want the Apple controller you need to buy it: