Office 2011 Remote Desktop

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by geofg88, Sep 30, 2010.

1. geofg88 macrumors newbie

Ok so i have office 2011 with all the apps installed on my mac

The two things i think are great additions are the outlook app and remote desktop.

My question is with remote desktop is it possible to use a pc to remote desktop to a mac? i can remote desktop to all my windows based machines with my mac, but cant seem to see a way of doing it from the mac.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated

2. shootermac macrumors newbie

It is not possible. However there are many free solutions out there, www.logmein.com or many VNC solutions.

3. roadbloc macrumors G3

roadbloc

I thought the whole idea of the app was to connect a pc with a mac remotely...
    What's the point in it? As OS X already has a remote desktop feature built in.

4. pdjudd macrumors 601

That's the point - to connect to a PC. That's because remote desktop is a core system feature on windows - it's built in to the system. Remote desktop is not built into the Mac system so you cannot go the other way around.

5. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

TeamViewer is great for connecting Macs to Macs, PCs to PCs, Macs to PCs and PCs to Macs. It's free and simple to use.

6. Consultant macrumors G5

Consultant

Apple Remote Desktop is built in, with VNC support. If you want the Apple controller you need to buy it:
    http://www.apple.com/remotedesktop/