Office 2011 wont reinstall from backup

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Saucyken, Jul 2, 2012.

1. Saucyken macrumors newbie

Saucyken

I upgraded to an SSD on an OS 10.7 2009 MacBook Pro, reinstalled Lion via a USB and the other software from a Time Machine backup. Office for Mac 2011 refuses to function on the SSD: the error message says the installation did not complete owing to a problem with the installer. It is a 100% legit version purchased online, but I don't have the option of re-downloading it from scratch. I have the working original on the hard disc outside the machine. Is there a method for transferring it to the SSD in working order?

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Download the demo of office 11, and then enter your license # when prompted.

3. Arelunde macrumors 6502a

Arelunde

You should be able to re-download the program from Microsoft's website. Check the original paperwork you got when you purchased it and repeat the process. I did a full restore not too long ago and this is the way I handled it. All working OK now.

4. dianeoforegon macrumors 6502a

dianeoforegon

https://www.microsoft.com/mac/trial

You can use your CD key to activate the trial. Be sure to fully update before opening Outlook or you'll get this error:

"This Identity Cannot Be Opened With This Version of Outlook"

This message usually means any Identity saved with a newer version will not open in an earlier version. We see this a lot when users do a re-install of Office then fail to upgrade.

There was a database upgrade in 14.1.0, 14.1.3 and again in 14.2.0. Until you update the Identity will not open.

How To Install, Reinstall and Update Office 2011