Office 2011

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by stockcerts, Dec 2, 2011.

1. stockcerts macrumors 65816

Jun 29, 2007
    San Francisco, CA
    I've been using Pages for several months now and every time I need to share a doc with Word users, I have formatting problems. I decided to try the free 30 day evaluation of MS Office 2011. So far I really like it. Another thing I discovered is I really like using Outlook at home.

I'm not a big fan of the Apple Mail client, and I find myself doing my mail on my iPad more than my Mac, but now that I have feels better. Maybe because I'm use to having it at work, but it also feels more robust. I really don't have the need to have Powerpoint at home, but based on pricing I may purchase the suite after my 30 day evaluation expires.
  2. AFPoster macrumors 65816

Jul 14, 2008
    Charlotte, NC
    Glad we could read your rant. When I first moved to Mac 4 years ago I bought the iWork suite. It was nice but not very compatible with Microsoft Office. So I upgraded to 2008 and now I have 2011. I found Exchange e-mails work better through Outlook than Apple Mail but I also have an @me account so I use both clients. I stick to just Office 2011 and no longer iWork with no complaints and since it's what I grew up on since I was 4 I know it better than iWork.