Office 2013 Preview for Windows - Anyone tried it on rMBP? (Parallels or Bootcamp)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by iFanboy, Jul 17, 2012.

1. iFanboy Guest

Running Office 2010 on rMBP using parallels or bootcamp is generally regarded to be generally a bit pixelated and fuzzy, like most non-retina apps.

Does Office 2013 remedy this? Is it now as sharp as other retina enabled apps?

Help very much appreciated on this one!

2. masq macrumors newbie

I've been trying to get Office 2013 Preview working on a Parallels install of Windows 8 Preview. Everything installed fine, and the programs all work. But the Office suite applications all refuse to sign on to SkyDrive, which really handicaps these apps. Remember, they were designed to work with SkyDrive in mind.

Considering Office 2013 was designed to work with Windows 8, and I've been able to successfully connect to SkyDrive on an Office 2013 install on another Windows machine, I'm thinking that Parallels is somehow preventing Office from communicating with SkyDrive.

3. stevelam macrumors 65816

well seeing as windows in parallels 7 is still blurry on RMBP, i doubt office 2012 preview will be any better.