Office 2016 Application Icons

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by Traverse, Mar 7, 2015.

1. Traverse, Mar 7, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2015

Traverse macrumors 603

Traverse

I don't think this is against forum rules, I apologize if it is.

Can someone with the Office 2016 Preview post the icon images so I can replace the Office 2011 ones on my system? I never like the weird spiral look of Office:2011

I appreciate it.

EDIT: was typing on my phone and made it a Wiki by mistake. I'm sorry.

2. vladobizik, Mar 8, 2015
    Last edited: Mar 8, 2015

vladobizik macrumors 6502

Enjoy :cool:
    I downloaded the preview, liked it but decided to stick to the stable and complete, if ugly, 2011 version until the official release comes. But before I removed the preview I saved the icons so I could replace the 2011 icons just like you. And now the icons for the now-current Office apps in my dock finally match that of OneNote. It seriously bugged me :-D The .icns files were a bit confusing to me, becasue when I dragged it on top of the icon in the Info window, I ended up with a placeholder icon. I had to open the .icns file in Preview and copy the largest icon to the clipboard and then Cmd+V it to the Info window. Probably trivial, but in case somebody less savvy like me is wondering...

Attached Files:

3. Traverse thread starter macrumors 603

Traverse

Thanks a lot! I too hated how OneNote and Outlook didn't match the others! These are so much nicer!

4. sqvarepants macrumors member

sqvarepants

Any one has the icon folder? I've been in the Apple Store and i saw in one MacBook Pro a folder in the dock next to the download folder with an icon of office 2016

Any one can share? I dindt find the same on internet

5. sqvarepants macrumors member

sqvarepants